Dear Xiao-Ping,

set defaultLoadScript "trace only"

(but there are much nicer ways to view a structure!)

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs

Basically you can do anything in Jmol you ever imagined doing in RasMol and
a few thousand more possibilities.

Lots of examples for how this has been used. Here's a relatively simple
page:

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-12/simple.htm

Bob Hanson

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Xiao-Ping Zhang <xpzh...@ucdavis.edu>wrote:

> Hi, jmol-users,
>
> Previously I used rasmol as a web-browser application to open pdb files.
> Somehow, when rasmol is open from firefox, it uses 100+ACU power of a
> single core CPU/or a core of a multi-core CPU. I decided to use a new
> pdb viewer for this purpose. I tried jmol, a very nice tool. But I would
> like to show the structure in trace format. Current default is in
> ball-stick format. I have to do the changes: style -+AD4 structures -+AD4
> trace, or style -+AD4 scheme -+AD4 trace). What is the procedure to store
> this
> setting changes as a default?  Or how to change the current default
> setting?
>
> Is there any complete JMOL user guide or manual freely available?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Xiao-Ping

> Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
> contest
> Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
> $10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
> marketing
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900