Hi Alexander-

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but if you want to
independently translate or rotate non-bonded models, or rotate about a
given bond (i.e. conformation rotation), then there is a really simple
way to do either of these.

1) With one or more models in the same window, the command "set picking
dragMolecule" will allow you to click/drag the models independently.
Shift/click/drag will allow independent rotation.

2) The command "set picking rotateBond" will allow you to click select a
bond. After the bond is click selected, shift/click/drag on either side
of the bond will do a conformation rotation.

Alternatively, you can enter Jmol's mode lkit mode and do all of this
via menus - right-click/computaion/model kit.

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com