Alexander,

I'm still a little confused about your objective. Try this. Go to:

http://chemagic.com/web_molecules/script_page_large.aspx

Click the Molecular Editor link. Click "duplicate." There are now two models in the window. Click "move." After you click "move," either model can be click/dragged (translated) to any position in the window. If you hold down the shift key, the model will rotate rather than translate. Is that what you want?

I should mention that you can drag individual atoms. The command "set picking dragAtom" will allow you to do this. The "drag" link on my page above will do the same thing. After you click the "drag" link, you can click-drag individual atoms within a model - i.e. sculpt the model one atom at a time. Is that what you would like to do, albeit several atoms rather than just one?

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com