Hi Otis,

Am 08.11.2010 um 20:22 schrieb Otis Rothenberger:

> Hi Alexander-
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but if you want to
> independently translate or rotate non-bonded models, or rotate about a
> given bond (i.e. conformation rotation), then there is a really simple
> way to do either of these.
>
> 1) With one or more models in the same window, the command "set picking
> dragMolecule" will allow you to click/drag the models independently.
> Shift/click/drag will allow independent rotation.

(dragMolecule is missing from the documentation)

Anyway it works fine and smooth for _molecules_, not for some atom selection. I
want to use it (and have) to work with proteins. For example to align a dimer
(two molecules) with a lipid bilayer patch.

Whenever there are multiple molecules involved, the majority of existing
functions offer no easy solutions. "set dragSelected ON" does work for
translating all selected atoms, regardless weather they are from one or more
molecules.

Alex