On 10/10/2011 2:46 PM, Rzepa Henry wrote:
> I am loading two  MO surfaces thus
>
> load HHa_mo15.xyz;isosurface HHa_mo15.jvxl translucent;isosurface append
> HHa_mo17.jvxl translucent;
>
> I want to show the overlap between two  MOs.  It is of course a  50%
> probability that the phases will match to show the effect I want.  Can anyone
> offer a solution to inverting the phase of one of the  MOs if it turns out
> wrong (i.e. change red to blue and vice versa for just one of the surfaces?)

I believe specific listing of colors will do the trick: phase color red
blue vs phase color blue red.

> And this is pushing it rather!  If the two surfaces do overlap with the same
> phase,  does any code exist to tell me the overlapping volume  (or if the
> phase differs, the negative overlap volume?)

I am not sure if that is what you have in mind, but there is linear
combination of MOs possible (in the manual under "mo", example 48 at
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-12/new2.htm  ).

Regards,

PM