Eric,

It sounds like you're describing a "flip card" animation using images created
by Jmol. In theory, Windows' native movie maker or something like Roxio's
VideoWave could do this. It seems to me, however, that a screen capture movie
from Camtasia would be a easy way to  do this. We've created Jmol Videos for
YouTube using this approach.

If you want to do this using the applet, you can create a Web page that is
really a movie stage. Half the page is an applet, and the other have has some
control features, including a script execution text field. Camtasia can be set
to capture the applet window only, and the control side of the page can be used
to control the action.

Here is Tom Newton (USM) using Camtasia to make just such a movie. In this
case, the control screen is visible, but Camtasia can be set to capture only
the Jmol window:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7f3BAqfzDM

Otis

--