Maybe the first question is "what needs to be fixed?"

Let's assume for the sake of discussion that there is a port of Jmol to iPads
to address the need for image updating performance.  Let's also assume that
Jmol has been factored into UI, scripting, parsing raw source, image
calculation, and image rendering components (or libraries) that can be worked
on separately.

What pieces of the existing Jmol code base would go into each of these iPad
components?  How would they need to be changed to run on an iPad?

--Chuck