I'm saddened by the fact that for the foreseeable future this is dragging us
back to the "see the pretty molecule spin" age. In the cases where this is
useful (pretty molecules spinning), I agree with Jonathan that there are
textbook like presentation options. I would add to Jonathan's suggestions a
reminder that Jmol to Collada is now pretty easy via AccuTrans 3D. There is
even a batch translation process which works at lightning speed. The Collada
files open directly in Mac's Preview in manipulatable form. They also import
into iBook Author producing a manipulatable model for iPad.

This use of AccuTrans 3D is MUCH better than the more convoluted approach I
posted previously.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger