definitely should be done. Then one could be much more specific about which
applet you are working with, and everything would go a lot more smoothly.
Volunteers!

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Paul Pillot <
paul.pil...@ac-orleans-tours.fr> wrote:

> Extra thought : Do you think there would be advantages at refactoring
>> Jmol.js code in much the same way as Chemdoodle's? (I can only see one :
>> the namespace concern and many drawbacks : the backward compatibility
>> break).
>>

> Lots could be done with Jmol.js.  What do you  mean "in the same way as
> ChemDoodle's"? You mean having it much more object oriented?
>

> Yes, that was my thought : using the same module pattern for Jmol (
> http://addyosmani.com/resources/essentialjsdesignpatterns/book/#modulepatternjavascript
> ).
> It might not be worth the effort. It's just that I can see more and more
> libraries using these patterns and when you have to mix them all it could
> be more convenient. But that may not be a concern for Jmol's audience,
> hence my question.
> -Paul

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900