I think Bob's list covers what we should be trying to deal with.  Some comments.

1) I think we need to get organized.  Pieces of this are already available.  It
would be a waste to duplicate too much effort.  Do we want a wiki repository
for example code?  For example I'm working on the server side stuff for a
python backed system when it runs into case D, and I know Bob has worked out
many of the details for a php backed system.

2) For item D we should think about implementing animated GIFs.  These could be
used to display non-interactive spinning versions of the 3-D graphics or RXN
animations.

3) We will have to be careful to define exactly how Jmol.js will fallback in
various situations.

Jonathan

On Apr 8, 2012, at 7:15 AM, jmol-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> A (Java/no WebGL) -- Jmol uses applet; ChemDoodle uses Jmol applet as
> second-best option
> B (WebGL/no Java)  -- ChemDoodle uses WebGL; Jmol uses ChemDoodle as
> second-best option
> C (WebGL+Java) -- Page author decides -- Jmol or ChemDoodle
> D (no WebGL/no Java) -- Server-based user event-adaptable images only (Jmol
> or ChemDoodle) or static page-author-created PNGJ images (Jmol)

                        Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department                                 gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh                                           Office:920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard                                 FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
                http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow/