On 3/11/2013 12:58 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
Good catch, Michael. Yes, it's specifically a problem with "-sp3d" -- easily fixed.

See http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/Jmol-13.zip and http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol.zip

Bob

I have lcaocartoon-related questions. For CO2 (for example) the sp2 lone pair lobes are shown as the sp lobes instead. Similar outcome is observed for other linear molecules. Is that a general limitation?

I know that the cartoons lobes can be drawn and oriented (per demand) using "isosurface" command, but the lonepair dots are much harder if one wants them to keep up with molecular rotations and not eclipse each other at some orientations.

Is there a simple way to deal with these issues?

Thanks,

PM