1) big differences if you are loading locally. Always try a test website
and see if the same problem happens there.
2) jsmol.php  must be on YOUR  server, not mine (domain where pages are
hosted)
3) Use Firefox for local file reading. You will have to set about:config to
allow local file access.

package.js loading fails when you have a security failure reading local
files.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Spinney, Richard <
rspin...@chemistry.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>  ** **
>
> I am starting to convert my old Jmol stuff to JSmol (13.2.8) and I am
> getting an error message that loading j2s/core/package.js failed. Is there
> a requirement that the html pages be in the jsmol root. I have also noticed
> a strange error message “Blocked loading mixed active content
> http://google.com/” from line 211 of JSmol.min.js. The jmol.php also does
> not seem to work as gzipped files do not load. Any ideas what may be wrong?
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks, Rick****
>
> --------------------------------------****
>
> Dr. Richard Spinney****
>
> Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry****
>
> The Ohio State University****
>
> 120A Celeste Laboratory****
>
> 120 West 18th Ave****
>
> Columbus, Ohio 43210****
>
>  ****
>
> email: rspin...@chemistry.ohio-state.edu****
>
>  ****
>
> Phone:   (614) 247 - 6847****
>
> Fax:       (614) 292 - 1685****
>
> ** **

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900