> Finally am I wrong?  Can scripts be done without making use of the PHP
> code?

That php piece will be called if you request a binary format file (gz, zip,
pse, etc.) from Safari, Chrome, or MSIE. Those browsers can't transfer that
sort of file directly; they need a server-side piece. But they will have to
have that ON  YOUR SERVER. In addition, that piece processes image-creation
requests and "turns around" binary data such as JPG and ZIP files created
by the JSmol on the page and simply returns it. That second part of the
service could be anywhere, including chemapps. I have every reason to
believe chemapps.stolaf.edu will be around for quite some time. So that
should not be a problem.

What is the call to that server look like? What's the URL?

Bob

> I am having a great time with JSmol and am recruiting others to make
> additional useful pages.

great!

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Chuck Gasser
> ==============
> Charles S. Gasser
> Professor
> Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Biology
> University of California, Davis
> 1 Shields Ave.
> Davis, CA  95616
>
> 104 Briggs Hall
> 530 752-1013

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900