Bob,

I agree, but I think I'm not making my point clearly. I believe the following
approach to sending Jmol script is legal and harmless. Note the branch. Same
domain goes via a legal DOM route. Different domain, including desktop double
click run goes via legal reload of the frame with Jmol script I the query
string. You are allowed to change the URL of a page frame.

I'm in Atlanta making my way north. Code below...

                $("#clk1").click(function () {
                        $(this).css("color","gray");
                        $("#vmk").toggle();
                        var echo = "Do you believe this guy?|He wants to show
me off|and he picks ethane!;select hydrogen;color red;delay 1;color yellow"
                        if (window.location.href.toLowerCase().indexOf(site) <
0) {
                                $("#vmk2").attr("src",url + "ethane.txt&echo="
+ encEcho(echo));
                        }
                        else {
                        $('#vmk2')[0].contentWindow.introEcho = echo;

$('#vmk2')[0].contentWindow.loadModel("models2/ethane.txt");
                        }
                });

--
Otis Rothenberger