Hi Bob,
the 2 error messages on startup are displayed on MacOS X.10.5, Safari 8.0.8

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating
'J.api.Interface.getInterface') try/catch path:
0 function (b, d)
 args[0]=TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'J.api.Int...
 args[1]=function () {a.instantialize(this,arguments);}
1 J.i18n.GT.addBundles(a, c, d, b, f)
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=J.translation.Jmol.
 args[2]=null
 args[3]=null
 args[4]=fr
2 construct(a, c)
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
3 function ()
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
4 function (a, b)
 args[0]=[J.i18n.GT object]
 args[1]=,
5 function ()
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
6 J.i18n.GT.getTextWrapper()
7 J.i18n.GT._(a)
 args[0]=assign/new atom or bond (requires {0})
8 function ()
9 function (a)
<recursing>

and

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating
'J.api.Interface.getInterface') try/catch path:
0 function (b, d)
 args[0]=TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'J.api.Int...
 args[1]=function () {a.instantialize(this,arguments);}
1 J.i18n.GT.addBundles(a, c, d, b, f)
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=J.translation.JmolApplet.
 args[2]=null
 args[3]=null
 args[4]=fr
2 construct(a, c)
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
3 function ()
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
4 function (a, b)
 args[0]=[J.i18n.GT object]
 args[1]=,
5 function ()
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=null
6 J.i18n.GT.getTextWrapper()
7 J.i18n.GT._(a)
 args[0]=assign/new atom or bond (requires {0})
8 function ()
9 function (a)
<recursing>

I also get an error message when trying to display the contextual menu with
jsmol.
TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating 'a.getHtml5Applet()')
try/catch path:
0 function (b, d)
 args[0]=TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating 'a.getHtm...
 args[1]=function () {a.instantialize(this,arguments);}
1 J.awtjs2d.Platform.getMenuPopup(a, c)
 args[0]=null
 args[1]=j
2 JV.Viewer.getPopupMenu()
3 JV.Viewer.popupMenu(a, b, d)
 args[0]=676
 args[1]=188
 args[2]=j
4 JV.ActionManager.checkPressedAction(a, c, b)
 args[0]=676
 args[1]=188
 args[2]=false
5 JV.ActionManager.mouseAction(a, c, b, e, f, g)
 args[0]=4
 args[1]=1440526426898
 args[2]=676
 args[3]=188
 args[4]=0
 args[5]=4
6 J.awtjs2d.Mouse.pressed(a, c, d, b)
 args[0]=1440526426898
 args[1]=676
 args[2]=188
 args[3]=4
 args[4]=false
7 J.awtjs2d.Mouse.processEvent(a, c, d, b, f)
 args[0]=501
 args[1]=676
 args[2]=188
 args[3]=4
 args[4]=1440526426898
8 JV.Viewer.processMouseEvent(a, c, b, e, f)
 args[0]=501
 args[1]=676
 args[2]=188
 args[3]=4
 args[4]=1440526426898
9 J.appletjs.Jmol.processMouseEvent(a, c, d, b, f)
 args[0]=501
 args[1]=676
 args[2]=188
 args[3]=4