Steve,

Flip it! Turn the logic around. For PPT and Keynote, batch converting a slide
presentation into images is fast and simple.

With the images in hand make an html image slide show template that uses an
unordered list (ul) with each <li> a slide image. There are a number of
templates on the Web that show how to do this. Add a JSmol iframe that pops up
and down via a toggle button on your page. This button could easily be set to
load the model you want for a particular slide that’s showing. If you’re
running locally, there is no cross domain issue between JSmol iframe and the
slideshow page.

I’ve been doing this for over a year now, and it’s a great way to give a
JSmol/Slide presentation.

See:

http://chemagic.com/molecules/VMKMINInotes.htm

The above runs KeyNote IMG files or html  as slides. The latter html lives
between <li></li> just like the images, and acts just like an image slide, but
it’s completely editable if you set the ul div as content editable.

The fact that JSmol only runs in HTML5 is a kind of freedom. You can pretty
much ignore older browsers in writing related pages. You can focus on some of
the neat things that HTML5 can do.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger