Daniel,

By “second file” I only meant the file that is not working.

Like Angel, I’m no expert on MO visualization, either.  In version 14.3.16 of
the Jmol app, the console shows (when reading Gaussian files) which model has
the mo’s.

For example, the console reads, upon loading a gaussian log file:

24 models
26 molecular orbitals in model 1.2
26 molecular orbitals in model 1.10
26 molecular orbitals in model 1.12

$ model 1.12
$ mo 1

So, you may want to download a more recent version to have a console confirm
for you that mo’s exist in your file.

Gaussian performs a population analysis before and after geometry optimization,
so you get MO’s in model 1.2 and model 1.10.  I must confess I do not know
what, exactly, is the difference between mo’s in model 1.10 vs model 1.12.
They look identical to me.  Subsequent models hold the normal mode information.)

(File read by Jmol was generated by g09,  using a route section of # HF/6-31G
opt freq pop=full gfprint)

Matt

On Sep 8
, 2015, at 8:02 AM, Friese Daniel Henrik