Von: Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. September 2015 21:27
An: jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Jmol-users] Plotting molecular orbitals with jmol from a molden
input file: Problem with symmetry

Daniel, two suggestions:

1) Try 14.2
2) Send me the offending file so I can try that myself.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Friese Daniel Henrik
<daniel.h.fri...@uit.no<mailto:daniel.h.fri...@uit.no>> wrote:
Dear jmol users and developers,

Yesterday I was really happy when I found out that I can plot molecular
orbitals in JMOL by just loading a molden input file which is generated
automatically by the Dalton program. Today I tried this for another molecule
and it turned out to be that it did not work. The major difference between the
molecules is that the one I tried yesterday had no point group symmetry while
the one I tried today has it. If I request plotting for e.g. orbital 80 by
typing "mo 80" in the console nothing happens. There is neither an error
message nor a result. Do I do anything wrong there or is it a bug? I am using
version 13.2.7

Thanks to everybody who takes the time to answer.

Best regards,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel Friese
Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Universitetet i Tromsø - Norges Arktiske Universitet
Norway

Best regards also to the secret reader from the National Security Agency

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900