On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:56:50 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Kevin Walls has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   (C) oops
>
> src/java.management.rmi/share/classes/javax/management/remote/rmi/RMIConnection.java
>  line 126:
>
>> 124:      * @param className The class name of the MBean to be instantiated.
>> 125:      * @param name The object name of the MBean. May be null.
>> 126:      * @param delegationSubject No longer supported and should be null.
>
> I think it can be simplified to:
>
> Suggestion:
>
>      * @param delegationSubject must be {@code null}.
>

> I see no need to mention this feature no longer supported as no one is using
> and will use this feature.
>
> Same comment applies to all methods that take `delegationSubject`.

I was wondering if we should add a note at the class-level API documentation to
say that subject delegation has been removed (or is no longer supported), and
that methods will throw UOE if a non-null delegation subject is passed. It is
otherwise strange to see a parameter that must be null. It could be worthwhile
to mention it just once, at the class-level API.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18025#discussion_r1520260840