I wrote:

<< I don't remember seeing your name on the list before, Laurent.  The only
other time I can remember someone suddenly appearing out of nowhere, without
any introduction of themselves, and sending a number of highly political
posts to the list, was when "J Galt" was at large some months back.  Are any
other listers getting a sense of deja vu? >>

Laurent replied: <>>

My mistake.  Your name was unfamiliar to me, though I do now remember your
earlier posts.  To explain: "J Galt" was a lister who suddenly appeared on
the list around the time of the US election and made some forceful (to put it
mildly) contributions to the debate that was raging.  Everybody was pretty
sure it was a pseudonym (apparently Jon Galt was a character from Ayn Rand's
writings) for someone on the list, and he then disappeared as suddenly as he
had appeared.  I wondered here if the same kind of thing was happening again.

Azeem

NP: Bjork - Selmasongs.  Totally stunning - I've just got it, I know I'm one
album behind...