. There was
> another singer who died at an early age who sang a hauntingly beautiful
song
> about the moon. I heard the song while watching a Volkswagen commercial
and
> it was discussed that the song was one about suicide instead of a
beautiful
> night (What Volkswagen was putting across to the consumer) Would this be
the
> same person? I seem to hear that same haunting beauty.

That would be Nick Drake, who died at the age of 26 in 1974.  I would
recommend all of his material, Five Leaves Left, Bryter Lyter, Pink Moon,
and Time of No Reply.

Victor

Victor Johnson
http://www.cdbaby.com/victorjohnson

"Velveteen rabbits and moonbeams,
Come when you lay down your head.
While you are sleeping, they kiss you and tell you,
That you are the reason the sun lights the sky."
                                                 Scarlet-V. Johnson