hi Sherelle,

I am a big fan of Jeff Buckley! I want to share some quotes from Mary
Guibert's (Jeff's mother)
message to the fans found on "Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk":

" I have said it so many times over the long, painful course of this
project, "the songs that would have been My Sweetheart the Drunk(as well as
all the other recorded material he left behind) are the true 'remains' of
Jeff Buckley, not the speck of dust that was pulled out of the Wolf River."
It's these precious recordings; all unfinished, some raw, some of them too
flawed to release, some of them only puzzle pieces intended for a larger
mosaic. In some cases he left behind "instructions", in some cases we could
only guess what Jeff might have intended.
I would give anything to have him here...to help him celebrate the release
of the real  My Sweetheart the Drunk, the album only he could make. If Jeff
had lived and chosen to erase these
sketches, it would have been a relatively minor loss. He could have written
hundreds of songs and made dozens of albums in their place.Unfortunately,
God had something else in mind for my son, and for me.

One thing for sure, my son was not an elitist. He would never have wanted
his music to be known
only among a small "inner circle" of friends. His favorite moments in life
were when he was delivering his music to his fans, those people who were now
weeping and mourning his passing all over the world...playing "Grace" full
blast over and over because that's all they had of him to listen to. This
album is my gift to those fans, present and future.
I believe with all my heart that my son will live among us as long as his
songs are being played and sung. If I have anything to do with it, that will
be for a long, long time to come."

Sorry, this was longer than I thought...

To end this post: the last song on this album "Satisfied Mind" was played at
Jeff's memorial service at the end.

Satisfied Mind

How many times have you heard someone say
If I had money, I'd do things my way,
But little they know that it's so hard to find
One rich man in ten with a satisfied mind.

Money can't buy back your youth when you're old
A friend, when you're lonely, or peace for your soul.
The wealthiest person is a pauper at times
Compared to the man with a satisfied mind.

When my life is over and my time has run out.
My friends and my loved ones, I'll leave them no doubt.
But, one things for certain, when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.
One things for certainm when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.
A satisfied mind.

Peace and love to all of you.
Patricia.