>   If we let the terrorists affect us permanently; if we let them change
the
> way we live; if we let them thrust us into a deep wallow of misery and
grief,
> then we let them win.
>   I, for one, do not intend to let them win. I hope that the rest of you
will
> not continue to wallow for much longer. The sooner we return to our way of
> life; the sooner we show that we cannot be driven down so easily, the
better.
>   Soon it will be time to find something to smile about. Start getting
ready.

I thought it was interesting tonight...I was flipping around the television
and I saw the Braves/Phillies game was on and it just seemed completely
natural to me, that baseball was on.  At that moment, all the events of the
previous week seemed faraway, almost as if it was a dream.  I certainly know
that it wasn't a dream and that we are probably in for a long haul, and that
anything could happen at any time, and especially that for those who were
more directly affected, it will take much much longer to overcome the
sorrow. But I see how easy it is to slip back into the normal way of life as
I experienced briefly tonight.

I have also been dealing with several things more directly affecting me that
I must deal with so perhaps that has demanded much of my attention and still
does.  We did spend several hours though, Holley and I, this weekend,
writing a song that could serve as a beacon of hope and catharsis  for the
people of New York(and others as well) which we hope to sing at some local
churches and vigils and even perhaps, try to get to some media.  I will
probably be posting more about it soon as we develop more of a concrete idea
of what we are doing with it.

It is hard to overcome the deep sorrow that has seemed to prevade everything
for almost a whole week.  I know.  But I think it really helped me to write
a song/poem to the people of New York, the firefighters, the families,
etc...and really sent strong vibes of love towards them.  Perhaps try to do
something similiar...use your creative energy to offer some kind of vision,
offering of love, and prayer up to the universe.  Maybe it would help...

love,
Victor

Victor Johnson
http://www.cdbaby.com/victorjohnson

"Velveteen rabbits and moonbeams,
Come when you lay down your head.
While you are sleeping, they kiss you and tell you,
That you are the reason the sun lights the sky."
                                                 Scarlet-V. Johnson