Hello,

Like everyone else, I am disgusted by the violence against Muslim and Arab
Americans.  I have decided to do what I can about it.   Which isn't much, but
I have a few ideas:

1) buy from Muslims and Arabs whenever possible.  I hear that stores and
restaurants are being abandoned by people who normally wouldn't think twice
about eating or shopping there.  This is not right.

2) From Paula in San Fransisco (who is married to a Muslim) comes the
following:

If you have any friends or aquaintences or neighbors who are Arab or Muslim
(or even South Asian, as they are getting it too), you may want to offer to
take them to the grocery store with you or ask if they need any errands done
(in case they are feeling too vulnerable to go outside right now).  There is
a window poster that is being circulated by Global Exchange right now that
gives out the right message against hate attacks:

http://www.globalexchange.org/september11/hateFreeZone.html

I am disgusted that there are people who don't feel safe being outside.  In
my opinion, we all need to pull together and support each other.

Mary