Fred wrote:

> The 70s are a much maligned decade, unjustly so.

Because some of us were so spoiled by the 60s ;-D  just kidding!

>First of all, any decade in which an album like "Hejira" is >made is a
great decade.

My favorite Joni albums were all from the 70s!  But it's funny - I think a
lot of people don't necessarily think of it from a strictly chronological
point, maybe more of an emotional, historical or aural perspective.  Like
the "60s" music to me is divided into two parts - early 60s was from around
1958 to 1963 and then *the* 60s music which went from around 1964 to 1974!
70s music to my ears was a shorter period - 1974 to 1978, when the 80s music
started ;-)  80s music seemed in two parts, too. And so on.

Certainly every decade has produced amazing music!  It just seemed that in
the "60s" so much good stuff blossomed forth at such a prolific rate, AND we
got to hear just about most of it all over the radio back then, in stark and
dismal contrast to today's Brave New World of Clear Channel and the like.

Kakki