Mark E. wrote:

> And why isn't Joni writing these days, as Lama was asking?  Or is she?
Kakki seemed to think recent events may have >stimulated her muse again but
is it really disgust with the music business that has silenced her pen since
'Taming the Tiger'?  I >still maintain that record had some lovely &
interesting new work on it & I still want more.

I meant to answer Lama on this, too.  When Stephen and I were talking with
her a month ago, I asked her something about why she wasn't writing anymore.
She said "no one wants to hear what I have to say anymore."  We loudly
protested this and then she admitted "this war has got me writing again."
My own personal hunch is that Joni is probably brimming over with music and
lyrics from recent events (and also perhaps the concurrent break-up with
Donald). I've thought for awhile now that she still has some of her greatest
albums yet to come, whether she wanted to focus on that in recent years or
not.

Kakki