She mentioned that Eddie,
> owner of the famous Eddie's Attic in Atlanta, is going to sell, mainly
because
> he has another baby now and may need a more secure income.  It would be a
real
> shame if Eddie's didn't continue, for it's the breeding or testing ground
for
> a lot of artists such as Jennifer and the wonderful Caroline Aiken

I have no doubt in my mind that Eddie's will continue, being the institution
that it is.  It is my feeling though, and I know this is shared by a lot of
other musicians I know in Atlanta, that the best thing that could happen for
Eddie's is for some new blood to come in and stir things up, shake things
around a little bit, give it some new life.  As much as a success as it has
been, it is this same success that has limited what Eddie's could be and
instead of  continuing to grow and develop, Eddie's has seemed to stick with
what is comfortable and familiar, falling into a niche, and becoming
somewhat predictable.  Not to say that I haven't seen some wonderful shows
there including the aforementioned Jennifer Daniels, and other artists,
however, for several years and from its inception, I attended the Eddie's
Attic open mics almost religously, have personally dealt with Eddie, and it
is from this experience that I have drawn my conclusions.  In any case, I am
really interested to see what unfolds in the next year.

Victor in Athens

Victor Johnson
http://www.cdbaby.com/victorjohnson

"Velveteen rabbits and moonbeams,
Come when you lay down your head.
While you are sleeping, they kiss you and tell you,
That you are the reason the sun lights the sky."
                                                 Scarlet-V. Johnson