Sorry Wally, I didn't mean to hit a raw nerve. You've got me all wrong. I
still think Rickie Lee Jones is better (and beyond) 95% of what's out there.
Just not quite in the same league as Mitchell & Nyro (to me).
Just bought "Girl At Her Volcano" which is interesting. Especially like "Pop
Pop" (love her take on "Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most"), and I used
to listen to the early stuff quite a bit--probably more than you realize.
I've got lots of Rickie Lee. She just always seems to try a little bit too
hard to be different, instead of letting it come naturally. Just my opinion,
which is probably wrong.

And yes, Carole King wrote "Up On The Roof"--and Kris Kristofferson wrote "Me
& Bobby McGee" for that matter.
I'm well aware...

B. K.