Billy wrote:

> And BTW Mark, how can you stand listening to k.d.
> lang? Argh!! Melissa
> Etheridge and Natalie Merchant are two more I can't
> hardly stomach.

Whoa, now, k.d. has made some damn fine records.  Of
course, she stopped doing so round about _Drag_, but
_Absolute Torch and Twang_ and ohmigod _Ingenue_ marry
one of the most magnificent voices in music to some
inventive, well-crafted songs.

Like you, though, I'd be the first to toast Melissa
and especially Natalie's retirement.  Natalie has
become *the* epitome of pretentious
singer-songwriterdom to me.  Such a fall from the
great days of 10KManiacs.

--Michael

NP: Barry White, "Can't Get Enough of Your Love"

=====

"Greetings cards routinely tell us everybody deserves love.
No. Everybody deserves clean water.  Not everybody deserves
love all the time."

--Zadie Smith, _White Teeth_
http://personals.yahoo.com