Here in the U.K it seems that the only HDCD remastered discs are Song To A
Seagull through to Blue, then Miles of Aisles, Don Juan's Reckless Daughter,
and Shadows and Light, which are imported from America (and are a lot more
expensive). To add to the confusion, 'Court and Spark' (which sounds
terrible!) is often sold with an HDCD sticker on the front, but is actually
just the old transfer (with a sticker on the front). Terrible really. I
can't fathom why there are different versions for different countries -
surely it would be easier to have one version the world over. Oh well.
Speaking of audio quality, I have a coupla questions myself: Does anyone
have the DVD-A version of Both Sides Now? I can imagine the orchestra sounds
pretty amazing in 5.1 surround! Also, is there a DCC disc of Court and Spark
(I know there was a vinyl audiophile pressing)? And finally, is it worth me
replacing my Joni discs with HDCD versions from CDNow.com or whatever? I'm
pretty into having the best sound qualiy, but I'm also a poor student, so I
don't want to waste my money!
Ciao for now,