I think that maybe I like a tad more of a melodic hook than she imparts.
But as we all know in a lot of Joni's music you don't always here the
"whistle" part right away either.  When I wrote my post this am I wasn't
quite as clear headed as I am now........ and you are right Michael,"This
Mess We're In"is indeed quite melodic and pretty. I had noted this on my
scratch paper while critiquing it in my friend's car yesterday.

BTW,Alicia Keyes is another I have to check out. There is a black woman that
I employ who is nuts for her. She insists that I give a listen. ;-)

Bree

np: Riu Chiu, The Monkees