Oh Anne,
I'm so excited at the possibility that you are going to publish your songs! I
am knocking on doors right now myself as an artist as well as a songwriter.

Unless someone disagrees, I highly recommend a website called,
"HitQuarters.Com." They are based in Sweden, but their aim is to help artists
and songwriters make the appropriate connections to people within the music
industry. Their premise is that it is not impossible to succeed in the music
industry without knowing people, but that it is necessary to make the right
contacts. That is where they come into play. Every month, you are allowed to
submit three songs to HitQuarters. There is a $10 annual fee, but it is well
worth it. They pick the best songs submitted each month and forward them to A&
R representatives who then contact you. They also have a wealth of
information that is essential for anyone considering music as a vocation.
They have been very diligent to answer any of my personal questions quickly
and completely.  They have listings of the most successful labels, A&R, and
publishing companies, if I am not mistaken. I am learning though, that there
is a difference between "reputable" and "successful."

That is plan A. Plan B is if you wish to remain independent as Kate Bennett
does. Kate has a freedom with her career that in my opinion, is probably the
best path. She was kind enough to point me to Indie (Independent) sites. Kate
has taught me that money is not everything and that freedom to play your
music the way you want to is most important. I'm thinking that the first
decision you will want to make is "how" you want to be involved in this
industry. I'm still trying to figure it out!

Love,
Sherelle-trying to share what little she knows.