Mark wrote:

> Speaking of New Zealand, I saw a program last weekend on the making of
> 'The Lord of the Rings' and now I want to go there!  New Zealand looks
> like it has some amazing country, Hell!  Peter Jackson said it was the
> ideal place to shoot the Rings movies because it has all of the
> different types of country that they needed but without the
> encroachment of civilization that would have made the films impossible
> to make in say, Great Britain.

The New Zealand landscape is pretty spectacular, and popular with movie
makers, because there are such a variety of different landscapes within a
very small area.  Vertical Limit was filmed in NZ because the Southern Alps
look so much like the Himalayas, but they're only an hour's helicopter ride
from a warm hotel and well-stocked bar!  I guess New Zealand is one of the
few places in the world where you can be snow skiing in the morning, and
swimming with dolphins in the afternoon, with only a couple of hours drive
in between.  Hopefully The Lord Of The Rings movie will boost tourism, which
is our biggest industry.

Hell
"To have great poets, there must be
great audiences too." - Walt Whitman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hell's Personal Photo Page:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hell/main/personal.htm

Visit the NBLs (Natural Born Losers) at:
http://www.nbls.co.nz