Hi Mark, Nuriel and JMDL Friends,

I don't know if it's an "expression" or not, but can tell you that it is
the title of a song sung by Betty Hutton and written by H. Carmichael
and P. F. Webster and featured in the movie, "The Stork Club."  The
version I have was recorded in 1945 (take 3).  Betty Hutton was sort of
a "Bette Midler" of the late 40s and early 50s, and primarily an
actress/comedienne and then a singer.

Off the top of my head some of the lyrics are:

There's a doctor living in your town
There's a lawyer and and indian too
But neither doctor, lawyer nor injun chief
Could love you anymore than I do....

And it's pretty much a song about "nobody loves you more that I do."
Perhaps the phrase means "anyone" or like saying "every Tom, Dick and
Harry" nowadays as an expression.

Betty Hutton did some amazinginly funny songs, as well as some pretty
ballads.  Newbies to Hutton may be interested in knowing that in the
Bette Midler movie, "For The Boys" Bette finally did a song that Betty
Hutton recorded in 1944 called "Stuff Like That There."

Thanks everyone for all the great Joni posts this year.  It is indeed a
family to me, since it's just me (with a mom in a nursing home.)  My
love for Joni and her music couldn't grow anymore that it always was,
but thanks to you, I've learned so much, and met such wonderful people
here.  You're a great group and I wish you all peace and joy during your
respective holiday seasons and celebrations.

Gratefully,

Gary

P.S. Cindy, just saw your post, the jumprope thing is cool!