This is a interesting question that you pose.  I'm a person that either
likes something right off the bat or I never will.  Rather its music,
food...people.   With people, I'm either totally comfortable right away or a
little on guard and not at ease.  Joni touched me so deeply when I first
heard/saw her at a concert many years ago.   It hasn't stopped and it never
will.....the joy, the awe, adoration, never before or since has someone
(outside of family) have meant so much to me.  (one exception to this, but
this is for another day)

SFS.....I could talk about this endlessly......the way she builds the
song.....to a climactic finish.......a cinematic experience and her
background vocals are just exquisite/intricate....so important to the song.
To me Mack this song epitomizes her genius.  There is no doubt once someone
really listens and "gets it" can deny her this.  I don't know why you didn't
get until now......because she forces you to go with her?

Cheers, to you, and everyone, enjoying a ginger ale and jack.

Bree