[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Anyway, Santa was often sort of a maroonish red
> pre-Coca Cola, although sometimes 'real' red. He was
> also sometimes wearing a white coat, a beige coat, or
> even a green coat...

I love the Victorian Santas and antique Christmas cards. I use to take
ceramic classes many decades ago and I would paint the old Victorian Santa's,
like you said Anne sometimes winter white, sometimes a deep red and then I
would antique them and wipe it off quickly so all that was brown were the
nooks and crannies. Poor Santa looked like he fell in mud, but I loved the
aged look. I have boxes of these things stored in my closet. I just don't
have the heart to toss them out.

~rose