Kakki wrote:
>I've racked my brains but can't think of any film that is as perfect as the
>book.  Didn't read the books but happen to think that Shawshank Redemption
>and Fried Green Tomato(e)s were two of the most perfect films I've ever
>seen.

I agree that Fried Green Tomatoes was a great movie and very true to the
book.  It's just a shame that they had to "clean up" the lesbian content.
It's an interesting quandry, though.  Do you make a movie that's totally
true to the book or do you strive to make it palatable for a mass audience?
I consider it a wonderful "lesbian movie" because I read the book and could
see (and feel) the love that Ruth and Idgie felt for each other on the
screen.  However, my mother enjoyed it and I'm sure did not see any lesbian
content at all.

Kerry