Ron wrote:

> i also went to see it last thursday & was stunned. the only thing i didnt
understand was why they had all thoe strange >monsters, -- surely the local
dingoes would have been a lot more scary  :-)

I agree!  My friend was really scared and drained watching the Orcs, but I
was laughing at them early on!  I had the sense that maybe the way they were
depicted (grisly and gross but also oafish and mindless) would lead one to
eventually laugh at them, showing that evil is ultimately stupid and weak in
the face of goodness.  Great make-up!

I have a friend who had a part dingo dog once and she actually was very
sweet and shy but kind of skulked around a bit like a coyote.

> i was going to do these - then i thought - what if i come up as a
gollum???? creeping along after my shadows & light cd >whispering  " my
preciousssssss..."

Haha!  I also wondered if one could come up as Gollum!  The character
cracked me up and I wanted to see more of him ;-)

Kakki