John van Tiel's post about James Last and Ron's response has dredged
up a few musical (nightmare) memories I'd long buried.

Not only South Africa, John, he was also big in Australia!

Years ago when I was teaching way out in the west of NSW I shared a
house with another teacher. This fellow was a bit older than me and
the only music he seemed to listen to was, you guessed it, James Last!
Needless to say we had few memorable conversations about music.

Horror of horrors, I'm starting to recall the refrains of some tune
about a little bull or something!!!

John (in Sydney)