In a message dated 2/5/02 11:34:35 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< After all, Laurence Olivier attempted a wide number of accents and was not
nearly as good at them as Streep, and yet it is Streep who is dismissed as
merely an accent.  To me, Streep is one of the finest actors of all time. >>

Well, now, hold on there, Reverend Vince.

I agree. Meryl rules. Sometimes when I see something on TV about how great
the actors were in days gone by, I like to throw a shoe or two at the TV
while screaming, "Meryl Streep, you idiot, Meryl Streep!"

But I think I know what happened with Meryl and her reputation for doing
accents and all. It wasn't "Sophie's Choice" that made her Hollywood's accent
pariah. It was when she did that awful New Zealand movie about the horrible
New Zealand woman who fed her little New Zealand baby to that mean New
Zealand dingo. I think it was called "The Dingo Did It" or something like
that.

    --Bob