> But I think I know what happened with Meryl and her reputation for
> doing  accents and all. It wasn't "Sophie's Choice" that made her
> Hollywood's accent  pariah. It was when she did that awful New Zealand
> movie about the horrible  New Zealand woman who fed her little New
> Zealand baby to that mean New  Zealand dingo. I think it was called
> "The Dingo Did It" or something like  that.

The movie was CRY IN THE DARK. Her character was unsympathetic and she did
not show emotions traditionally expected of a mother whose child was
missing, and Streep played it so inch-perfect that people thought she was
the character herself. Streep's perfection in acting makes other to label
her as a cold technician with no heart. But I always thought that she acts
with all heart.

Joseph
(thinks that among Meryl's films, its HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS that she comes
close to being miscast)