--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Great additions, Gil! Especially The Sundays, that
> was an inspired pick!

i totally agree! that is one of my all-time favs.

>It reminded me of Tracy
> Chapman's debut, which came out about the same time.
> Both of those debuts rocked my world to be sure, and
> neither artist/band has been able to meet the
> strength of the debut.

THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS, MULLER!
i would argue that tracy chapmans last album, "telling
stories" was just as good, some of her strongest most
powerful writing ever. its unbelievably good.

i would add to the list of supremely good debuts,
patty griffin--living with ghosts
liz phair--exile (also wins in best title category)

alison e. in slc
http://greetings.yahoo.com