<<i would argue that tracy chapmans last album, "telling
stories" was just as good, some of her strongest most
powerful writing ever. its unbelievably good. >>

BRING IT ON, FIRETUSH!!
I *really* wanted to like Telling Stories, but it was weak, weak, weak. I'm looking at
the song titles as we speak, and the only ones I have ANY recollection of are "Less
Than Strangers" & "Speak The Word"...the rest are so dull melodically that I just
can't break through. BUT I promise I'll spin it this weekend, and listen for the
nuggets I missed the first time around.

I'm afraid that Tracy ran out of good ideas after her debut. (And I've bought them
all).

I would contend that "New Beginning" is her second best record, and even on that one
the best songs were ones she wrote early on.

Bob

NP: Shawn, "Window To The World"