This is where I betray the fact that I've been living in a tree for the
past decade or so.

Who is October Project.

That's okay...I've always been a decade or so behind myself.  I
didn't even know who the Smiths were till people started telling
me in 1993 that I sounded like Morrissey, who I had never heard
of either.

October Project put out a self titled debut album in the mid-late
90's.  The cover had a little kid trickortreating with a mask(bag)
over his head.  They had a nice sound with really beautiful
vocals, lush arrangements, short melodic love songs...they did
tend to sound alot alike but they were good songs, I liked the
general sound they were getting and it was definately an
impressive debut even if it sounded somewhat crafted.

I suppose though, ultimately they weren't able to really go
anywhere with it as their second album was much worse,
sounding like a rehashed version of the prior one.

Victor