That WAS a good record...I forget about it sometimes.  I saw OP in
Philadelphia that year (maybe...93 or 94?) and they were really great live,
too.  "Bury My Lovely" was the first single (I think).  The songs did tend to
run together and all sound similar...but I liked the sound so it didn't
really matter.  It was one of those albums (does anyone else have these?)
that I loved, but couldn't listen to it all the way through in one sitting.
By track 8 or 9 I would be thinking "Oh my GOD turn it off...I can't stand it
anymore!"  Weird.  Never heard much of the second album.

Reuben

Victor wrote:
October Project put out a self titled debut album in the mid-late
90's.  The cover had a little kid trickortreating with a mask(bag)
over his head.  They had a nice sound with really beautiful
vocals, lush arrangements, short melodic love songs...they did
tend to sound alot alike but they were good songs, I liked the
general sound they were getting and it was definately an
impressive debut even if it sounded somewhat crafted.

I suppose though, ultimately they weren't able to really go
anywhere with it as their second album was much worse,
sounding like a rehashed version of the prior one.