Well, yeah.  Even though I made my points, I also agree with yours!  :)

Furthermore, I should take back what I said about his collaborators.  I
mean, for starters, Mister Dylan worked with The Band, Daniel Lanois, Johnny
Cash, George Harrison, and Emmylou Harris.

The fact that he didn't have the jazz influence that Joni does should not
count against him.

I am adjusting my ledger today to show that Bob's collaborators are the
equal of Joni's.  <silly humor>

It wouldn't be prudent to rail against Mister Dylan on the other counts as I
think he's head-and-shoulders above almost everyone else who uses the
English language.  Almost.  Except for one.  As a lyricist, he's in a class
of two, according to Lama's big, leather-bound book of Songwriters.

Ironically, I also agree with Marian Russell who feels that comparisons are
pointless.

The beauty of music fans, (unlike sports fans) is that we can root for a
great mulititude of talented people.

Are you feeling the spirit?

npimh: Aretha's "Spirit In The Dark"

All the best,