I can't really say it better than Bob did......
A Boho: An artist of any medium caught in the fragile dance between
coruption and truth. Should I sing for the roses....or play real good for
free? Should I waste away in my masion in Malibu or Hejira myself out of
here and run like a white ass deer?
Seeing that Joni seems to be fascinated with the twisted dualities that any
up and coming artist would face, it seems only natural that the Painted Word
would move her so much. Read the book! As an Art History major it burst alot
of my bubbles. I like to think it did something similar to Joni :) I am
interested in the notion of inspiration, where does it come from, what
motivates art at the core, the book shed a new light on that for me.
Hope this helped a bit.
Erica