Last night I sat down on the floor of my office and repaired the bellows strap on the
smaller of my mother's two accordions (if the term "bellows strap" is incorrect,
please let me know).  This led me to explore the rather large stack of sheet music
that I brought from Ohio, which brought back dozens of memories as I gazed at the
covers ... so many songs we used to play and sing together around the piano ... but I
digress.

I found quite a few books of music for the accordion, one of which is an instruction
method for "junior" players, for 12, 24, and 48 bass instruments.  Now I know that
Mom's smaller accordion is a 48 bass (as opposed to the much larger accordion,
recently identified by Sharon the Beekeeper as a 120 bass).

Mom bought the 48 bass, used, with the bellows strap detached.  It didn't occur to me
until two days ago that it might be very easy to repair it -- and it was, using two
plastic molly bolts and appropriate screws.  Oh, how I wish I'd thought of this 15
years ago!  Since I didn't, I'm determined to learn to play (maybe in time for
Jonifest, maybe not).

Anyway, all this is to say that I just came across a very cool link for free sheet
music of all kinds:  http://www.freesheetmusic.net/

Just wanted to share ...

Lori
in MD