Are me and my partner the only people on Earth who
really liked A.I.?

That was my favorite movie from last year, one of only
two films that made me think even a little bit (the
other was the wonderful Waking Life, which somehow did
not get nominated for best animated feature).

My feeling was that people didn't like what appeared
on the surface to be a (kind of) happy ending but on
further reflection turned out to be deeply disturbing.
That film was wierd, I give you that, but the
Kubrick/Spielberg mix was unsettling and kept you
guessing through the entire film.

I was surprised it didn't get a best picture
nomination, and I really think that Haley Joel Osment
deserved a nomination for his suburb performance.

I think  A.I. may be a sort of Blade Runner: Ignored
and under appreciated at first, but in ten years or so
will be seen as a classic.
http://movies.yahoo.com/