Hey guys,
Did anyone else think Joan came across as a little humourless on that Hippie
programme? I know everything is made in the editing process but I would've
liked to have seen a flash of that wicked grin! Thought overall that the
show put her over well though, she looked so cool singing 'Woodstock' at the
Isle of White festival - I'm in the unfortunate position of having seen
little of Joni on TV (save for the 'Last Waltz' and PWWAM), so little
moments like this are enought to thrill me. In fact, the whole hippie
movement got me thinking. I believe I'm right in saying we need artists that
are going to believe in something and say something about it to my
generation. I always considered myself a cynic, but when I see we have
amoral governments chasing votes and an amoral media just selling and
selling all the time (unattainable beauty, lifestyles etc.), I start to feel
that hippie idealism creeping through!

Peace,

Owen

p.s I blame Freud for the state of the western world, all that stuff about
self self self - no wonder nobody looks at the bigger picture!